You can browse our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you register for account with us, you give us your personal information, and you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. When you visit our website or use our applications, services, or tools, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information is not associated with you personally unless you sign in as a registered user. We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use and access to our website, applications, services and tools:
- Email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers
- Transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account), shipping, billing, and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item
- Personal information you provide to us through community discussions, member information pages, correspondence, chats, dispute resolution, or shared by you from other social applications, services, or websites
- Additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list)
- Other supplemental information obtained from third parties such as demographic and navigation data; and credit check information, and additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law
- Information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
Information Sharing and Registration with Social Media Websites
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with access to our sites and our services, and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide access to the site and the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- Customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising;
- Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- Contact you at telephone numbers we have collected, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our User Agreement;
- Provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference in your My Activities page, or within the direct communication from us. If do not wish to participate in our ad-customization programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. In an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on Azumazu
Your User ID is displayed throughout Azumazu (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your Azumazu.com activity. Other people can see your bids, purchases, items for sale, storefronts, Feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Azumazu.com activities. If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an Internet caf�, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity, or reminders from Azumazu, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you. Using Information from Azumazu Azumazu enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them. You agree to use user information only for:
- Azumazu transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- Using services offered through Azumazu (such as escrow, shipping, and fraud complaints), or
- Other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties, known as service providers, that we have allowed on our site that assist us with various aspects of our web site operations and services
- You also may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.).
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Azumazu communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Azumazu users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Azumazu-related spam or spoof emails to Azumazu, please forward the email to spam@Azumazu.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks, and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters, and do not disclose your Azumazu password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Azumazu and change your password. You can see, review, and change most of your personal information by signing on to Azumazu. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Azumazu User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law. How we protect and store personal information Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user. We store and process your personal information on our computers in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted by law.
If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at:
Attn: Legal - Privacy Practices, CosmicHub Africa
Or using the Contact Us form.